Do you have a technical background in food technology and a passion for people and product?
Have you thrived working remotely and in a working from home environment?
Do you have superior customer service or account management experience and are looking for your next career move into a Business Development role?
If you have the right skills, collaborative style and innovative thinking, self-starter approach and passion, then this dynamic role could be perfect for you!
Who we are
We are an Australian-owned flavour house, with operations in both Australia and Vietnam. Established in 1989 as a family-owned business, Essential is now into the second generation of Nielsen management and continues to cherish the family values entrenched by the founder John. Located in Carrum Downs, Victoria, our facility is purpose-built to our requirements and to further expand our capabilities in local and international markets.
Our business continues to strengthen and grow after 30 years with our focus on partnering with our clients to develop new, unique, and ever-evolving flavours and product solutions. Picture the time when you were a child, savouring the tastes that came with eating your favourite food. These recollections are what drives us to be part of creating “Future Memories.”
Why work for us?
We are passionate about what we do and are guided by our core values:
- We are our community
- We put the WOW into the mix
- We are trusted to create
- We think beyond our borders
- We are solution focused
- We share the love
We have a strong sense of team and a supportive, friendly environment. We work hard so that we can deliver the best products and service for our customers, and we also make time to celebrate our achievements and share our successes.
Our story still has many pages to be written and we are now seeking a Business Development Manager to be an integral part of the team driving business growth through a partnership approach with customers.
Your skills and qualifications
To be a perfect fit for this role you will have:
- Food Technology qualification
- Demonstrated experience in working remotely and independently
- High organisational skills and excellent time management
- An appreciation and respect for technical innovation within the food ingredient industry
- Experience in partnering with clients in successful project delivery
- Great problem-solving skills
- Superior communication & presentation skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills
- High levels of initiative
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Self-motivation and work autonomously (this role does involve interstate travel and some time working from home)
- A great attitude and ability to provide outstanding customer service
- A real passion for new product development and market trend analysis
You will be:
- Promoting and representing Essential Flavours throughout the food, beverage, nutraceutical, and pharmaceutical industries in Australia
- Identifying uncontested market space, creating and capturing new demand
- Engaging customers in future-focused discussions to identify new opportunities and explore opportunities for differentiation
- Evaluating customer requirements and developing technical solutions, in collaboration with our Flavour Creation team and Sales & Sensory team
- Travelling intrastate, interstate (every 4-5 weeks to Melbourne) and occasionally internationally (when international borders re-open), as this role spends a large proportion of time conducting client visits, as well as spending time with the team at our headquarters in Melbourne
- Providing responses to customer enquiries and technical information requests
- Promoting the adoption of existing product portfolio to new clients
- Developing technical solutions that allow Essential to show case its technical leadership in flavour development
If you are interested in the position, please submit your application through Seek.com.au via the link below:
Apply online: www.seek.com.au/job/53950562