Are you looking for a change of scenery and considering working and living in Melbourne Australia?
Are you a passionate Flavourist who is looking for a new career challenge and advancement?
We have a once in a career life time opportunity for you!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN TEAM ESSENTIAL?
Essential Flavours is located in Melbourne Victoria, the most multicultural state of Australia. Melbourne sits on the banks of the Yarra River and around the shores of Port Phillip Bay. It boasts a packed program of festivals and events all year round such as Australian Open and Australian Football League to name a few. Melbourne is also where you will find the most stylish shopping experience, art scenes, best local wines and fresh food produce. It also has a very diverse authentic culinary options and home to best restaurants that have Michelin Star and other global award winners.
Picture the time when you were a child, savouring the tastes that came with eating your favourite food. These recollections are what drives us to be part of creating “Future Memories”, partnering our clients in developing the finest flavours and product solutions.
Established in 1989 as a family-owned business, Essential is now into the second generation of management, Tim Nielsen, who cherishes the family-business values entrenched in the company founded by his father John. Located in Carrum Downs, Victoria, our facility is purpose-built to our requirements and to further expand our capabilities in local and international markets.
Our story still has many pages to be written and we are now seeking a Flavour Creations Team Leader to be part of key contributors to the growth, profitability and enhancement of the positive image of Essential through your passion for food, innovation, and technical expertise. You will lead the Flavour Creations team in the development of flavours and innovation of products and concepts that have the ability to inspire new trends in flavour and wow our customers. As the key flavour expert in the team, you will collaborate and provide technical support to both internal and external customers.
Occupation code (ANZSCO): 234212
Occupation name (ANZSCO): Food Technologist
Network Research (the Research & Innovation Division of the Essential Flavours Group) is seeking a Flavour Creations Team Leader to lead the Flavour Creations Team in the development of flavours and innovation of products.
The key responsibilities for the role include:
· Flavour development – creating new flavours, as well as matching/replicating and modifying flavours requested by customers.
· Leadership and mentoring – coaching, developing and mentoring the flavour creations team to successfully deliver products and services and help build the team’s technical skills.
· Technical support – provide the necessary technical support to both internal and external customers.
Qualifications and key attributes to be a perfect fit for this role:
· Bachelor of Science – Food Chemistry, Chemistry, Food Science, Food Science and Technology or other related qualification
· 15 plus years’ experience as a Flavourist and in leading a flavour creations team
· Experience in developing flavour profiles for both Western and South East Asian markets
· Experience in developing spray dried flavours
· Knowledge in using alternative raw materials
· Leadership skills – ability to coach and develop others
· Mentoring skills – share knowledge and mentor Trainee and Junior Flavourists
· Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks to meet customer briefs
· Think outside the box to solve problems and develop innovative solutions
· Analytical skills and people skills to work effectively in a team
If you are interested in the position, please submit your application through Seek.com.au via the link below: