Are you a Food Technologist with a passion for flavour, flavour application and creating and promoting innovative products?Are you a dynamic and innovative operator who proactively researches trends and new developments and incorporates new thinking into delivering to customer needs?
If you have the right skills, collaborative style, innovative thinking, self-starter approach and passion, then this dynamic role could be perfect for you!
Who we are
We are an Australian-owned flavour house, with operations in both Australia and Vietnam. Established in 1989 as a family-owned business, Essential is now into the second generation of Nielsen management and continues to cherish the family values entrenched by the founder John. Located in Carrum Downs, Victoria, our facility is purpose-built to our requirements and to further expand our capabilities in local and international markets.
Our business continues to strengthen and grow after 30 years with our focus on partnering with our clients to develop new, unique, and ever-evolving flavours and product solutions. Picture the time when you were a child, savouring the tastes that came with eating your favourite food. These recollections are what drives us to be part of creating “Future Memories.”
Why Work for us?
We are passionate about what we do and are guided by our core values:
- We are our community
- We put the WOW into the mix
- We are trusted to create
- We think beyond our borders
- We are solution focused
- We share the love
We have a strong sense of team and a supportive, friendly environment. We work hard so that we can deliver the best products and service for our customers, and we also make time to celebrate our achievements and share our successes.
Our story still has many pages to be written and we are now seeking a Food Technologist to be an integral part of the Sales & Sensory team driving business growth through the execution of both reactive and proactive product development.
Your skills and qualifications
To be a perfect fit for this role you will have:
- Bachelor of Science – Food Science, Food Technology and/or Nutrition or other related qualification required
- Technical knowledge in food science and technology
- Technical training and accreditations – HACCP & knowledge of SQF
- Skills in product development, flavour delivery and flavour applications
- Passionate about food, trends, and insights
- Knowledge of Mintel, Innova and other industry related resources.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Positive attitude towards work and colleagues
- Willingness to learn and be flexible
- Dynamic and adaptable in relation to changing trends and clients’ needs
- Willingness to work effectively in different and changing environments
- Clear, professional, and articulate communication
- High problem-solving skills
- Computer savvy – able to navigate new systems, Microsoft office etc.
- Take and show Initiative
- Drivers licence
- Ability to travel intrastate, interstate and occasionally overseas
You will be:
- Taking the lead on application projects, involving developing products, flavour concepts and solutions to deliver on Essential’s key customers’ requirements.
- Project managing application projects end to end, which includes coordinating internally to optimise proposals and submissions and coordinating externally by communicating with customers on key projects.
- Providing technical support to both internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Visiting key clients with our Business Development Managers to present and taste project submissions and present key trends.
- Working collaboratively with Sales and Flavour Creation Teams to deliver optimum flavour solutions on application projects.
- Working dynamically and collaboratively with Sales & Marketing teams to deliver on Essential’s proactive marketing and presentation goals by initiating and developing on trend flavours and product concepts.
- Actively researching new applications and the use of new and novel ingredients that will support and inspire our highly innovative client base.
- Undertaking continuous improvement of Flavour Application laboratory, processes, and capabilities.
Apply now: www.seek.com.au/job/55357568