Are you a commercially focused research and development manager with technical innovation and strong project management experience within the food ingredient industry ? Do you have strong leadership skills that empowers and motivates a high performing team?
WHY WORK FOR US?
Picture the time when you were a child, savouring the tastes that came with eating your favourite food. These recollections are what drives us to be part of creating “Future Memories”, partnering our clients in developing the finest flavours and product solutions.
Established in 1989 as a family-owned business, Essential is now into the second generation of management, Tim Nielsen, who cherishes the family-business values entrenched in the company founded by his father John. Located in Carrum Downs, Victoria, our facility is purpose-built to our requirements and to further expand our capabilities in local and international markets.
Our story still has many pages to be written and we are now seeking a R&D/Innovation Manager to be an integral part of the team driving business growth by effectively managing projects and leading the R&D team to commercially and innovatively focus on the development of flavours and promotion of products.
YOUR SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
To be a perfect fit for this role you will have:
- Experience in a similar research and development and or/ innovation manager role
- Appreciation and respect for technical innovation within the food ingredient industry
- Demonstrated ability to project manage with competing priorities and stakeholders
- A collaborative management style that empowers direct reports
- A strong network within the good ingredient industry
- Ability to think commercially, strategically and maintaining high level, strategic relationships
- Innovative thinking ability to lead the creation and development of new products
- Strong alignment with aligned to organisational values
You will be…
- Leading the Research & Development team to ensure a high commercial value of services and products is produced
- Excited by the challenge of spending time with our R&D team in Vietnam and clients in across Asia
- Managing projects within expected timeframes and ensuring completed to levels above client expectation and achieve commercial objective
- Enhancing the profitable delivery, continuous improvement and growth, aligned with the strategic plan and achievement of the vision of the company
- Finding new market opportunities and ensuring new products are developed to meet demands
- Continuously developing business metrics and reporting to track and measure the achievement of research and development targets
- An integral leadership team member which develops the strategy and implementation focused on the whole business success
If you would like to apply please send your CV to Careers@essentialflavours.com.au